Week 15 : The Next Episode

I'm honestly just as surprised as you to be back here, in an endearing sense. In all seriousness, this is the start of my second year here at PC and I really feel the rhythm. Last year was a little rocky, but I think I learned a lot from it. To make sure I am devoted to all my work, I have two days with only one in person class so that I could either work in the lab or get ahead on homework.

Example of a serial error, not to dissimilar to what I am currently experiencing
The game plan so far is to improve on the watering system. Last I wrote, I expressed my lament over several unprecedented errors. Since than, I have bought fresh components (expansion slot, moisture sensor, and some relays) to see if that will remedy issues by streamlining the connections from board to pump. As of right now it "runs", as in it can operate, just not like how I would like it to. The biggest issue right now is corrupted data. When recording moisture levels and printing it to the serial port, it seems to scramble all information received. Last I recall it spat out a series of 9s in strings of various lengths. It works, but there is no way for me to record every time it is watering the plant.

With a new schedule and a clear head, I hope to tackle this problem ASAP. No slacking this time, I am really hoping to take on this project.

Comments

  1. I hope you can find a solution and pull through with your endeavors in the project. Sometimes we all need a break to unplug to get that brain working effectively. The bot has come a long way since we started and I know it'll be in good hands because how hard we worked on it. From what I can tell when you showed me the bot's home yesterday you did a really good job with designing the model for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts