Week 10 : Back to the Drawing Board

After some mild smoking and exploding, my
partner and I are trying to approach the power supply from a different angle. We know now that one single power source is the best solution, but now it is a matter of being able to aim the current to and away from the pump.

We will likely work is for the program to disable the current from passing and only allowing it to move when it is time to water. The most feasible tactic is to use a strong resistor and potentially another diode.

While we are thinking about this however, we have continued working on our poster for an upcoming ASU symposium. When we attend said symposium it is likely we will also post the poster we will be showing off, along with photos of our arduino in it's finalized casing.

I'll most likely leave a link to all of this when it is posted below

Link:

Stay Tuned!

Comments

  1. Not only are you super innovative but you are a secret, expert photographer it appears! Nice photo! If you are open to brainstorming with someone about improving the power supply, Jim, the Physics professor would be great for that! He is an awesome teacher too! I bet he would help y'all out in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pumped too much power on both ends into the diode which only allows a current to pass to one end. I have a detailed description below from last week.

      https://s-stemdavidortizleon.blogspot.com/2018/04/week-9-bit-closer.html

      Delete
  2. Explosions and smoke? That sounds quite exciting! I know it isn’t a good sign when it comes to your project because it means something isn’t right. However, there aren’t many explosions during my research and I would like to see that. I can’t wait to see your poster and what you’ve been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, David. What caused the smoking and explosion? What do you mean by a power supply? Using a resistor is always a great idea when it comes to power supplies. There was a time I used to use stabilizers to match/stabilize power supplies. Also, Sammy is right. You should contact the physics department, specifically Jim Corkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pumped too much power on both ends into the diode which only allows a current to pass to one end. I have a detailed description below from last week.

      https://s-stemdavidortizleon.blogspot.com/2018/04/week-9-bit-closer.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts