Week 9 : A bit closer

First off, allow me to apologize for the late upload. My internet was on the fritz, so I saw it best that I upload this when I have a stable connection (about now-ish).

This week the goal was to finish the circuit, which was almost accomplished. As discussed on last weeks post (link:https://tinyurl.com/y9sq2az6), I narrowed done my power supply to combining both an ac adapter and vex battery. A lot of power is being pumped into this arduino, so it was no surprise that it shorted out. Below is a video of it happening for the first time, I was legitimately surprised.


When testing it later, it eventually made the diode (a pin that makes energy go in a singular direction) explode. Essentially both supplies of energy continuously forced energy on both ends, with only one allowed to move. When both collided, there was a burning smell, slight smoking, and eventually a small pop of light that zapped me in my face. Understandably, we are considering a switch trigger that will allow the energy from the vex to only move when the moisture of the plant is low. 

Comments

Popular Posts