Week 12 : The Big Reveal

So the day is finally here, the big symposium I have been getting ready for. Honestly my nerves are at odds right now. The actual presenting of the poster I feel will be a cake walk, public speaking is something I do rather well at. I know everything I am presenting too, but there is just something that is bugging me. I'm just not convinced I'm on the same level as everybody else who is going to be there. A lot of who is going to be attending work in classical sciences (chemistry, biology,etc.), and here I am presenting a cardboard box that waters plants. It is both comical and a little bit worrying, though I really shouldn't really care about other peoples opinions.

Likely, I am overthinking this way more than I should. I give it about a week and I'll realize what a worry wart I am being. 😂

Comments

  1. You have worked hard on this, and you should be proud and you should own it! I hope everything went well with your presentation, I am sure that you killed it! It is good to get this sort of experience and exposure as an undergraduate student. I hope that you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David! It's funny how you said "I give it about a week and I'll realize what a worry wart I am being" because it's been a week since the symposium and from what I remember you nailed your poster. I think many of us feel the same way as you do, just remember that you worked hard on this project and you know your stuff which is what is important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts