Week 5 : Building Steam

This week, James and I were able to set up a page through a localhost!

Localhost refers to your computer (as in the one you are on), to display webpages or all sorts of domains. For our purposes, we have been using the local hosts to test the php code I had mentioned in the previous week. With a local host running now, we should be able to observe the output of all of our code properly. Because of this, our next goal is to finalize data uploading capabilites ASAP. With the page up all the bells and whistles come right after solidifying the data collecting side of the project.

On the bells and whistles side, due to the nature of the project James and I along with the rest of the team looked into creating a serial ID system for better organizing. For every data entry upload done using the site, a unique number and letter ID will be generate specifically for that upload to help cataloge the data and prevent overlapping.

Comments

  1. Hello David,
    The project you're working on seems very interesting currently I am taking a second coding class at SMCC and we briefly touched the PHP language. Most of my experience is in HTML. What is the website being designed for? Aside from PHP are you using any other language to code the website? Good luck on your project!

    #StemW2SMCCF19

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad the local host trial worked first try, cause honestly I probably would've thrown myself off a cliff if it didn't. It’s a good feeling when something wants to work and not throw a fit like our water pump. Because I don’t want to go back to that again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts