Week 37 : No Time, Bad Habits, and a Poster

On my last post I remember telling my self I was not going to post late again and here I am covering 3 to 4 weeks now. It however has not been E N T I R E L Y in vain. 4 weeks ago (It really has been that long) I posted about a new problem arising, that being a broken pump. Following that post a new pump was ordered, but due to some shipping errors (you would think I'm really making this stuff up). The week after (now 3 weeks ago), I had to attend a meeting for Phi Theta Kappa (a community college honor society) over in Orlando for the week; meaning another week of dilly-dallying.
As of last week, progress has continued with the new pump (and a back up) arriving meaning that I could test it's capabilities. Starting with a simple relay to see how long it takes the pump to release 100 mL of water. Between 20 tests it took on average approximately 7 seconds to dispense 100 mL of water, meaning that there was an average rate of  14.28571 mL per second. With that quick calculation, my partner James and I decided that this rate is still suitable for our predetermined rates of water.



In related news, the chassis has keeled over and
died.


I really wish I was joking...




Rather, after an outdoor test, we noticed that the internals of the Aquino's proved fine thanks to it's newly installed fan. The same cannot be said for the outside, which has warped and contorted in a way that makes in unusable as it no longer
interlock as it was intended too (as seen to the right two photos). MetroTech is just a week away and it is becoming harder and harder to stay optimistic about the project, but it's there for sure. We learn more from our mistakes, so I shouldn't really worry about ANOTHER set back; that the experience of it. As for what next, James and I are looking to redesign the frame slightly to introduce a water vessel for the Aquino instead of using a CORE bottle with a hole cut into it (as seen above).

Comments

  1. I have been following your project I think since you've started! and I can totally relate with you on having those moments of frustration, but the good thing is that you have not given up and you are still continuing on. I think you will have a nice presentation at Metro Tech. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very interesting project! I understand your frustrating with trying to meet deadlines. We often plan for these deadlines in our schedules, but we get busy with daily tasks, and then the next thing you know, we have said assignments due the next day or within hours of their deadlines. What I found to be beneficial for me and budgeting my time, is that I use a weekly calendar for each class. I try to get assignments written down on the calendar before or when they are assigned, that way I have a good idea on prioritizing assignments as the approach. Good luck to your future studies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts