Week 7 : Building on What I Know

This week has run quite busy, as it is the week before break. So with the daze of all the sudden midterms and wrap ups, I've had to squeeze my 9 hours between 2 days this week.

This week I aimed to work on the actual design for the pump enclosure. I had originally started by creating a CAD model (models which can be 3d printed), but I later (as in today) decided it would be better if I designed a test structure first. The intention is to create it out of recycled material for the time being; cardboard,water bottles, solo cups, etc. While constructing it, I also figured it would be best if I created it in a way for it to be disassembled and reassembled without the aid of adhesives.

Above I have a video of the how the pump will connect with a water supply, which for this project is intended to be any water bottle one might have lying around.

To all my fellow S-STEM scholars, I hope you enjoy your break as much as I am planning on to. Enjoy your vacations, days out, and well earned naps.

Comments

Popular Posts