Week 1 : A New Perspective



Greetings Blog Viewers!

It has been quite a while since last I typed up one of these blogs, and you may have noticed I have restarted my week count as well. This summer I got a bit of a head start on my project by testing verious chassis designs for the aquino so that testing may properlly commence. The circutry was a nightmare of a task, and the coding was a breeze, but I find that the building is somewhere in between. Having pieces 3D printed does take some time, so I was excited for the head start I got.

Because of this gap though I am excited to announce that I will be working on a secondary project as well!
Image result for stock photo excitement
A visual representation of my relief and excitement

Matt H. in the lab had pulled me aside the first week and asked if my partner James, fellow tech Maria, and I would be interested in building a database for him. My excitement for this can not be understated, as database construction was something James and I learned how to do 2 semesters prior and is generally more in our wheel house. The idea for it is to create a web hosted database to help researchers log and share recordings of bats that they have collected out on the field. For us it will be geared towards creating a stable enviroment as well as designing it so that it is easily approachable.

I am so,so,SO, excited for this semester even if the work load is big, but in theory works out as I have to halt my current project for days depending on what I have printing (so it should even itself out).

Comments

  1. We really need to get Maria integrated into our "BatBase" project. It'll be nice to have a third eye looking at this for more help. Also, its nice that were working on this project while we wait for parts to 3D print, it kills downtime and also keeps us from going insane from working on our watering bot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts