Week 16 : Forever and a Half

From left to right: Moisture Sensor, Arduino w/ Expansion Board,
Motor Controller, Water Pump
This week, I have done it, I have finally finished the internal components to my watering system. For those of you who are new, my project to create an autonomous watering kit has been an uphill battle. For those of you who have read my previous posts, this is probably the 5th time I said I have made a breakthrough, but this time it is very genuine. My background knowledge is in programming, and electrical engineering is still incredibly foreign to me. It was through frequent trial and error that I have now set up the "Aquino" to perform desired functions.

The problem that had been plaguing me was setting an automated on and off switch to the pump. The pump I am currently using is a bit demanding on power and hard to look at the specification of as the website I had acquired it from discontinued it (just my luck). However, the main problem was attributed to using wrong syntax; ultimately ironic as I was rather confident in my programming abilities.

The next step now is to design the chassis to contain the unit and begin testing immediately after. It has been a long wait, but I am so happy to be at this stage.

Comments

  1. I'm so happy that you're at this stage too! Um, I think. At least it sounds like it's going really well. We need automatic watering systems that are small and affordable! Yes. I wonder if it would be super hard to have a wifi or online control? Or other monitoring options? Anyway, I can't wait to see how it goes! I'm already thinking about how I could use this to grow stuff indoors and really have a good gauge of how much water my plants are getting so I can adjust as needed. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to work on this with you, I wish I could have been there when you first started the project. Having an external power supply could help the pump with power and I agree, having some sort of WIFI enabled control to maintain your plants and such away from home is super convenient.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts