Week 17 : From the Outside In

All Pieces for the casing separated piece by piece.
This week, the focus was on creating the external build for the Aquino. Most of the designing had actually been cranked out by my good partner Mario Diaz, who helmed the bulk of the chassis creation. We had been tossing around the idea of creating a snap together frame that would be able to assemble and disassemble easily. Each side of the structure is lined with small square teeth and rectangular slots, so that they interlock and hold it's form. When first making this design I actually learned I made it two times bigger than what I actually need. Needless to say, having a one foot by one foot case for a 4 inch computer did not really fit the bill.

On a side note, I have begun my work under the PC head of IT again. This time around there is no closets for me to clean, thankfully, and instead I will be using PHP to hone my database skills. I have my own little desk and everything in the building, it's actually kind of cool. I will also be posting updates on that here as well.

Comments

  1. Congrats on getting the IT head! That's freaking dope, obviously, you know your way around computers David. And the fact you got your own desk really seals the deal. But your watering device sounds like its coming along swimming. And I can definitely see that you overbuilt the holding compartment for your computer, with your computer only being four inches. But all in all, I'm excited to see it up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The automated watering system you're working on seems pretty intense. I'm not very tech savvy so I would possibly have many hiccups with something such as this. It will be exciting to see your project when it's all done. Congrats on the IT department and better working conditions. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts