Week 19 : Last Decisions

This week, I am finalizing the prep work for my Aquino testing. The chassis is currently printing and will be hopefully done by next week, 3d printers are not exactly known for their speed. 
A data table showing all variable in play
Image result for radishOn the more organic side of things, I have chosen radishes to be the plant I will be using for the testing. Not only are radish seeds readily available here in the lab, they also are known to grow rather fast (as little to 22 days). The plan for testing is to begin by having the Aquino compete with a person to grow a radish faster. This will be determined through the time in which it germinates (sprouts), surface area of the leafs, and the length of the stalk relative to where it stick out of the ground. I am beyond excited to finally be this far, 15 weeks of trying to learn electrical basics and sifting through code and here I am.

Comments

  1. I have completely dropped the ball on sharing the food computer concept with you, so I am taking time to do it right here! I am attaching the food computer Ted Talk link, because I think it's a good intro to the concept. Any how, I think you could totally make one of these here at PC. Let me know what you think! https://www.ted.com/talks/caleb_harper_this_computer_will_grow_your_food_in_the_future

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    I am very interested in your project. Besides the fact your name is David Ortiz, (I am a Red Sox fan) The ability for self-watering (robotic) environments, is well past its time. One of the most basic but neglected area around plants is proper watering in my opinion. I believe if this basic function could be bought and sold to personal households many more people could obtain the benefits of maintaining their own plants. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this to get underway, I really want to see if the watering system will promote better growth for the radish. Also, switching out the spearmint for the radish was probably a better option, considering the radish is a lot easier to grow. I’m excited to see if this works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts