Week 22 : Just Out of My Grasp

This week, I got back into my usual workflow working on more PHP code and working on the Aquino.

Over on the PHP side, I was trying to find a way to take data from a user and send it to a server. Originally, I had started by actually using a combination of both Java and HTML ; I am able to do this because PHP is actually written as an extension of HTML which allows language imports. With some fiddling I had almost figured it out, till I bounced my process off of one of my fellow interns. Where I made a mountain out of a mole hill, my fellow programmer was able to show a much simpler using basic PHP components. Needless to say I kicked my code to curb and decided to aim more to keeping it exclusively PHP.

With the Aquino this week, almost all of the parts have been printed out. With the parts that have been printed out, my goal was to shape them so that they had a bit of wiggle room for easier connecting. When getting ready to reshape them, I noticed that the dremel was currently being used outside of the lab. Instead of calling it a day, I tried shaping it by hand using a combination of razor blades, sand-paper, and a flat head screw driver. MacGyver
jokes aside, I was actually able to secure 2 pieces inside of the base I showed last week. Hopefully both the last piece and the dremel will be in the lab when I go in next week and than I can finally begin my testing ( again this is the probably the 5th time I have made this proclamation ).

Comments

  1. Hey there David, you had me right at MacGyver, that guy was the star of the 80’s and 90’s. I distinctly remembering being excited about each new episode he was appearing in. I am sure his reemergence in 2016 has not disappointed either. (Upon reading your blog this week I just learned about the show.) In other words I enjoy reading about the progress on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you showing me your source code, for the user to server. there was a lot going on that I didn't really wrap my head around. I hope me showing you my setup for that gave you the idea to rethink your code. Also, I like the way the chassis is working, everything seems to fit well now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts