Week 26 : Inner Workings

This week, I revisited the circuitry of the Aquino to remedy a power issue. If you see the video below, you can see the current set up I am using for the Aquino to achieve a relay set to a timer. The idea is that if it is able to turn this light on and off for extended periods of time it should be able to do so with perimeters.
Aquino operating as a relay



















Knowing now that the Aquino is capable of doing this for prolonged periods of time, it is now returning to an issue I have experienced several times while conducting this project; power. It has proven troublesome to determine the exact amount of power needed for the water pump as it's original distributor has disappeared off the web ( I believe I have discussed this several weeks before ). For a short period of time this was not an issue for a while and had operated comfortably enough for me to direct my attention towards the aesthetics of the device; hence the creation of the chassis some weeks ago. Over the weekend I hope to sketch a quick diagram of the device so that I can better understand how I should distribute a second source of power.

On a side note I am currently working on a poster for this project, stay posted for a slide show format of it next week.

Comments

  1. Oh no! the water pump distributor disappeared. Is there any way you could figure out the state and city the distributor was originally in and look them up in business directories in the state, city or county they are in? (Kind of track em’ down like a jealous significant other?) Or is it that you are implying that you will be fine figuring this out over the weekend? Man I totally dislike it when things don’t go as planned. It does appear that you have made tremendous strides on your project this term, so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts