Week 1 : Patience

Coming into the program I was pretty perplexed as to what exactly I would be doing. Many of the students have been in the program prior or in fields with already acquainted staff. Even during the orientation I was under the assumption I would eventually assimilate into biology, which is by no means bad. It is however, not in my field of expertise.

Before any of us could roll into our research we first had to study and test on ethics that would be upheld in the program. After a bit of note taking and hunkering down over the computer, I knocked it out with relative ease. 

Not much happened aside from these logistics, however an opportunity did present itself. One of the STEM advisers had gotten in contact with the on campus IT department, as it stands now, I may have a real gig.

Comments

  1. Good to hear you're getting your program obligations done while we're waiting on a lead to get our internships started. As you know, we're practically sibling students in terms of degree and some instructors. I'm glad and looking forward to be learning and working with you during our time with STEM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts